Friday, July 1, 2011

Detour AHEAD, Proceed with Caution, Don't Forget Your Compass, and Watch for THE RED FLAGS this time!

A compass, so that you may never get lost, and always know the direction of your dreams.
-Michelle Hansen

Life is pretty interesting.  The Compass is one of those pieces that I absolutely love the idea behind it, probably more that the image itself.   There are times where you think that you are on the path to living the life that you have imagined, and live throws you a curve ball.  One of the hardest things to do  is to start your life over, people come in and out of your life for a season, and sometimes you are left picking up the pieces of utter destruction or loss.  So, how do you find the strength to pick up the pieces, put out the fires, and continue on living a life with your compass intact? Well, this is the journey that I'm on.  I have been here before, I'm a widow and was married to a wonderful honest and loving man. So, I picked up the pieces and continued forward...I remodeled my home, kept myself busy, and just kept going, a strength that I'm sure he helped me with.  We fast forward 3 years, and I'm starting over again.  The wonderful thing though, is that I have the memories, and strength from him and God to get me through this, this time.  I find joy in the really simple things, and this has remained true throughout my life.  I do not need to live a life consumed with "if 1 is good than 10 is better," or "go big or go home." Or live a life that is just smoke and mirrors! Life and living a true life for me is about true friends, wonderful family, and having faith.  This morning as I drank my coffee and watched the sunrise, I was overwhelmed with a quote that I was reading.  I would love to share it with you, it said..."Each day is a new adventure pointing the way to an ever-better way to live."


So, know that during extreme trials and tribulations, be steadfast, honest, protect yourself, hear the warnings, laugh as much as you possibly can, and don't lose sight that where you have been, isn't nearly as important as where you are going.  So, where am I going? I don't know...but I do know that I'm putting one foot in front of the other and getting stronger by the day, so that much I know is true, the rest...well, the rest will work itself out with the help of my army of angels, fleet of support, and daily studio time, still being creative doesn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment