Sunday, March 4, 2012

Banks were Bailed Out. Were we Sold Out? Any Magic Left in this world?

When did we grow out of believing that there is still magic in this world? Call it a miracle, divine intervention, passion, call it what you will, but when did this cultural shift happen where no one is made accountable for their actions anymore?  I was told this week that we are all just a slave to the banks, and that they can do whatever they want to whom ever they want because, they have an unlimited amount of resources.

A flawed system to say the least, perhaps I haven't fully acknowledged how GREED has played it's part.  The government bailed out the banks, to the tunes of millions and millions of dollars, and quite frankly I don't care anymore whether it is the right wing or the left,  my question is this...how did we get here?  It's a question that I'm sure has many many answers, but at the root of it the word is Greed.  If we are completely honest, no one takes anything on a personal level anymore, everything is a business transaction, and you don't throw punches at the bureaucratic machines that we have created or you will be inevitably squashed by their fully lined pockets and they will bury you under litigation so far that winning isn't really the end result.

There are days where I feel that the lesson I'm to learn in all of this is quite simple, if you don't have unlimited funds to fight for what ultimately is a losing battle, you need to pack up your belongings, and cut your losses.  How much is a moral victory worth?

I'm at a cross roads here, I either cut my losses and run like hell thankful, that I wasn't entirely gobbled up by the big bad wolf, or do I stay?  I'm at the point of this, If I'm going down, do I go down fighting?

 I was told that there are millions just like me, millions that have just walked away, because you don't stand up against the bureaucratic machines that will steam roll you.  What do you do when things have been expedited in such a way that you will run out of time, what do you do when someone wants you to just go away, and now?  What do you do when the government is too late, and the right hand no longer knows what the left hand is doing, what do you do when you look at the big picture and realize you are being swept under the rug and quickly, WHY?

The world is full of injustice, it is everywhere...and we all pick and choose our battles. I guess I should start asking myself, "Do I still believe in Good?" "Do I still believe in Magic?"  I would like to take this time to publicly introduce myself to Chase, I have talked with you many many times. I have gone into your branches, I have called you on the phone, I have sent you too many faxes to count, packets and I have jumped through your hoops, I have talked with your attorneys, I have hired an attorney in the hopes that you would acknowledge that I do infact exsist, yes I'm here in Aurora Colorado, and I do believe you KNOW my address. My name is Michelle, I'm a person, a real live person and time and time again my lawyer has implored you to not do things in bad faith.  Here we are, 9 months later and you won't talk with me, you have set auction for my home, you have refused my payments, you won't talk with me, somehow I have vanished.

Do I still believe in good?  What is a moral victory worth? 

I have a lot of decisions to make, this is messy, tragic, and 100% completely unnecessary. If nothing else, I have introduced myself, and maybe just maybe this has made a difference, if not to you....then to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment