Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Letter #ActsofKindness


Happy Valentine's Day

     I came home tonight, checked the mail and collapsed in my den just staring into space.  This week has been so emotionally exhausting words cannot even begin to describe any of it. I have cried a lot, I have had panic attacks, and I have felt threatened, thanks to a neighbor who would like to "teach her a lesson" I was up for 48 hours just pacing, and I had what I thought was a heart attack...but thankfully it was just a panic attack. I do now know that if I were in trouble, PJ the protective poodle caused so much raucous with his howling, someone would surely notice! 
Today is Valentine's Day...as I sat here in my den and opened up letter by letter, bill by bill...my eyes were drawn to a hand written one, so unusual these days, so I opened it.

I wasn't expecting it to be from a stranger...a letter from a woman named Sue, from the other side of the country, who has gone through the same thing with her "bank."  Sue is an amazing, 79 year old widow, mother, lady and home owner.  Her battle with her bank began almost two years ago, and I have to tell you, Sue is a bit of a spit fire! Her letter was amazing, and it reminded me that I'm not alone, all of our struggles might be a little different, but as far as the banks are concerned, I believe that we all can stand on common ground. In Sue's words if I may quote her, "I will not give up because I will not let these banks get away with what they do."

After such a grueling week, Sue has reminded me why it is so important that we talk, we share our stories...as much as "they" would like us to just get out, move, and keep quiet...it is important that we talk about what we have gone through, it's important to talk about the emotional brain damage.

So, I would like to hear from you, I would like to hear about your story with your bank... and anything you would like to share. If you don't want me to share your story, just let me know, but I would love to hear from you.  We need to speak the truth, even if our voices shake.


Michelle Hansen
2869 S Espana Court
Aurora Co 80013
 


Sending quiet on lookers a wave, hope you are well! Oh, and to my neighbor: violence and threats are never the answer to anything. To the bank...I'm at a loss for words right now for you. *smh*.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment